I am a problem-solver who cares about getting my
clients the compensation and help they need.

Answering The Most Asked Missouri Workers’ Compensation Questions

As an attorney and a family man, I know that being injured can create a lot of unknowns. At Christopher Stokes, Attorney at Law, I am here to help you understand your options and the road ahead. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about workers’ compensation.

Do I Need A Lawyer?

You are not required to have an attorney. However, the Missouri worker’s compensation processes are quite complex. It is in your best interest to hire an attorney.

What Medical Treatment Am I Owed After An Injury At Work?

Your employer or insurer is required to provide you with all of the medical treatment and care you need to recover as fully as possible. This includes:

  • All of your medical treatment
  • All of your prescriptions
  • All of your medical equipment and medical devices

All costs are paid by your employer (or their insurance). You should never have to pay or meet a deductible after an injury happens to you while on the job or at work.

What Type Of Injured Workers Do You Represent?

I help injured workers in and around the St. Louis area. I am prepared to assist both union and nonunion laborers. I help workers who are covered by an insurance plan and those who have been hurt on the job and are unsure of their coverage. Workers’ compensation was created to help all injured workers and their families. Compensation is not attached to citizenship or status. If you are an immigrant, you still have full rights to pursue compensation, no matter what your citizenship, naturalization, green card or documentation status. I help Spanish speakers. Se habla español.

Is There A Guideline For How Much Compensation I Will Get In Missouri?

Yes. There is a general guideline. Of course, every case is different and this is why it’s important to consult with a workers’ compensation attorney. Typically, as an injured worker, you will receive 66% or 2/3rd of your average weekly wage. Most people will not receive more than 55% of the state average weekly wage (SAWW). The 2021-2022 Missouri SAWW is $1030.69. This amount will be used to determine your maximum benefits until June 2022.

How Do I Collect Temporary Disability?

The easiest way is to work with a Missouri workers’ compensation attorney. At my firm, all I handle are injury cases; either workers’ compensation or personal injury. I am very well-informed of your rights, options and how to successfully manage this process. Without an attorney you will have to apply online or in-person and work with the Social Security office.

Is There A Charge For Your Services?

One thing not many people know is that in both personal injury cases and in workers’ compensation cases, I only get paid if you do. I must take your case, and then win compensation for you to get paid. After we win, I take an agreed-upon percentage to pay for my time and cover my costs.

Talk With Me One-On-One In A Free Consultation

If you have other questions that I didn’t answer here, I offer a free consultation. Call 314-786-3495 and set up a good time to meet and discuss what happened and how I can help. There is no cost and no risk. I do not collect any money unless I take your case and win a verdict, settlement or compensation for you. You can also reach me, or ask a question, by using my online contact form. Se habla español.